Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Baby Signing Time Review

*I purchased the items presented in this review and am writing the review with permission from Two Little Hands Productions. I was not compensated for the review. All opinions are my own.

I have been wanting to try Baby Signing Time with my daughter for some time now, but with all the information floating around about TV before age 2 being at best a bunch of flashing lights or at worst a hindrance to development, I was very skeptical that I would be wasting our money by buying this product for our 14 month old. However, after trying the first 2 DVD's in the Baby Signing Time series for 3 weeks, I am having some serious doubts about the validity of any study that claims that a child under 2 cannot comprehend and learn from educational TV. My daughter's progress with these DVD's has been truly outstanding, and my concerns were entirely unfounded!




Prior to beginning Baby Signing Time, I had been working with my daughter for months, and she knew 4 signs.  Once she opened the Baby Signing Time DVD's on Christmas morning, the only thing that changed was that we would watch the DVD together once a day, 5 days a week (and in the car).  She now knows 22 signs after just 3 weeks with this new routine.by the end of the first week, my daughter had added 4 new signs to her signing vocabulary. By the end of week 2 she had added an additional 4 signs. Given her pace learning signs prior to using these DVD's, I was positive her pace would slow, but much to my surprise, she added an additional 10 signs to her vocabulary by the end of last week (week 3)!

Baby Signing Time has not only helped my daughter's signing vocab improve, but it has done it in a fun and engaging way.  My daughter absolutely loves when we sit down to watch our Signimg Time together! As soon as I start the DVD and sit down she is all smiles as she runs straight to my lap.  The songs are the perfect length to keep her engaged as we dance and sign through the DVD.



Each individual Baby Signing Time DVD comes with both the DVD and the audio CD for $21.99.  Package deals are also available in addition to the Signing Time website's frequent sales. I got my Baby Signing Time DVD's for the amazing price of $10 each!  When I purchased the DVD's-which contain 25 signs each-I had intended for them to last a full year so I could catch the amazing sale again, however, based on Pumpkin's progress, I highly doubt this will be the case. These DVD's, however, are worth every penny and I will gladly pay a higher price to keep Pumpkin's progress moving at the pace Baby Signing Time makes possible.